In an increasingly connected world, the Internet, with its possibilities, applications and influence in our daily lives, continually surprises us and reserves even more astonishment for us. It could be said that, despite its three decades of expansion, the network of networks is continually reinventing itself. Thanks to this ability to excel, and the technological development that supports it, in 2020 the number of Internet users already exceeds 4.5 billion worldwide, a figure that is continuously growing. No less significant is the fact that more than half of the world’s population uses social networks.
In this context, it is understandable why so many companies worry about gaining a place in cyberspace. Much of the information that potential customers receive every day reaches them through the Internet, and in this same way they buy, give their opinion, ask and recommend. Social networks are currently, for better or for worse, a space where kingdoms can be established or devastated.
But, how can a company, a brand, or business become visible among the countless bytes that make up the network? How to compete in a field that for many is full of mysteries and incomprehensible rules?
An entrepreneur or businessperson determined to grow his company, be it large or small, does not usually always have the time, energy or skills to take on a task that, in the eyes of many, is complex: increasing profits by making intelligent use of the tools offered by the digital world. For that reason, it is so important to have a specialist dedicated to developing the social networks of any business: a community manager.
And what does a social media community manager do?
A good community manager can significantly help to create or strengthen the prestige of a company. Choosing the right professional, therefore, is not something to be taken lightly; as well as it is extremely important that the business owner knows the reasons why it is convenient to hire a community manager, and what results he should expect from his management.
Here are five reasons to consider:
1. Create a brand image if you do not have one yet and, if it already exists, improve it and increase its visibility and credibility. The community manager is in charge of maintaining the link between the website and the company’s social media profiles, as well as selecting and adapting the contents, in order to make them more attractive and friendly. It is many times through social networks that followers of a brand expect to receive updated information about products and services, as well as interesting and quality content, consistent with the company’s offline image.
2. Create and maintain communities around the brand on all its platforms. This includes moderating the states of opinion in accordance with the interests of the company, preventing and managing possible crises that may arise, as well as directly serving customers. The success of its management can influence the decision to consume a product or service. This is something that can only be successfully managed by a professional with great communication skills and knowledge of the tools of each social network. The contents that are published only achieve the objective of impacting certain audiences if they are presented by a good manager who analyzes and knows the consumption habits of each community on each platform.
3. Design communication strategies in social networks and measure the results in each of them. Publishing any content, without clear objectives and without a defined audience, does not make sense, since it will only achieve an attractive image on your social networks, but it will not generate leads or buyers. The community manager analyzes the impact of the published information and, depending on the results of his study, helps the entrepreneur to decide which is the most appropriate next step for his business in terms of communication.
4. Identify opportunities. Not only in the virtual space of social networks, in order to discern what, how, and when to publish certain information about the brand. Also in the offline space. Information is power, and this is one of the main tools of this manager, at the service of the entrepreneur, to help him grow his business awareness and identify which of his products or services work and which do not, what his customers expect from the brand, what they prefer more… A good community manager is, above all, a good strategist who helps businesses win more customers. The impact of his work transcends the online space.
5. Establish relationships with other companies or professionals with whom the owner of the company or company can make alliances that help it grow, increase its sales, reinforce its visibility and prestige. This type of association has accelerated the growth of not a few businesses and the community manager is precisely the ideal professional to promote them, by serving as a link between the brand it represents and other related brands.
Hiring a community manager, in short, is a smart decision; undoubtedly one of the best that any entrepreneur with dreams of succeeding on the internet and growing his business today can take: obtaining more clients and making his brand more visible, successful and profitable.